International youth camp: My Town - Past, Present & Future
ICN & PAS invite young people for a international youth camp to Galashiels
It is already a tradition that the Innovation Circle Network brings together young people from different countries. This year we are looking for a range of interested young people to join the team of Planning Aid for Scotland and students from Galashiels Academy in exploring how different nationalities can work together to build better places for future generations and to learn from each other.
Therefore young people are invited to come to Scotland from 9th to 14th of September to be part of the youth camp "My Town - Past, Present and Future" in Galashiels. Located in the scenic Scottish Borders Galashiels is one our train ride from Edinburgh.
In the camp themes such as how to adapt climate change, increasing migration, loneliness in an aging population and transport in rural areas will be discussed. Each day the group will focus on a different topic such as local history, decision making in Scotland or place in action.
Furthermore, a visit to Scotland’s capital Edinburgh including a tour of the Scottish Parliament will be organised. Here the participants will meet Kevin Stewart, Member of the Scottish Parliament and Minister for Local Government and Housing to discuss how to involve young people in the decision making of planning the future of their towns. Also participants can look forward to sessisons with scottish artists as well as digital workshop.
Here are the details:
- Dates: 9 September - 14 September 2018
- Age range: must be between 16 - 18 years old
- Capacity: up to 25 young people and 5 leaders
- Accommodation: We are delighted to say that all young people attending the youth camp will stay with a host family in Galashiels free of charge for the duration of their stay. Accommodation for leaders is to be confirmed
- Costs: Participants are expected to cover all reasonable costs such as flights, train travel to and from Galashiels.
All participants interested in attending contact Laura MacDonald, PAS Project Co-ordinator: Laura@pas.org.uk
Deadline for registrations ends 12.00pm on Friday 30 March!
Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. For more detailed information download the camp program here.